Barry Faught hails from the expansive wheat fields and deep blue skies of Idaho. His father, Bill Bailey, was a radio DJ and local celebrity in Boise. After college, Barry ended up in the family business of broadcasting. But his yearning for independence and adventure eventually led him to the evergreen city of Seattle. The big city was full of great music, delicious food, inclusive communities, eco-friendly living, and so many coffee shops. After working his way up the corporate ladder he was making good money, but feeling unfulfilled. Visiting new coffee shops went from hobby to obsession.
In 2008 Barry traded in his salary for his own independent coffee shop, Broadcast Coffee Roasters, named in honor of his dad's lifelong passion for radio. The goal from the get go was to spread love and acceptance through hospitality and delicious drinks. Barry's living the dream with three cafes, a stellar roasting team, and a growing community of friends, baristas, and business owners who drink and serve Broadcast coffee.
OUR HOPE AS A BUSINESS AND COMMUNITY
- Spread love and acceptance through hospitality and delicious drinks
- Provide light and bright cafes to temper the Seattle rainy weather
- Maintain a stable work environment for our family of staff and customers to enjoy
- Engage the local community and mindfully support the global coffee farming community
- Work really hard, make time for rest, and take care of each other